Need some advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tyco

Original poster
Aug 25, 2017
So new to smoking, only done a fatty and some ribs, wanting to do a butt tomorrow to make pulled pork. Got from Aldi what was called a "half butt roast" that was 4.5 pounds. Had it thawed and unwrapped it today to realize it was the round shape I see in the picture of butts on here. I'll attach a picture of how it is and was wondering if I should smoke it flat like that or roll it up and tie it. Planned on doing 240 until 160 then putting in pan and foiling till 205. Thanks in advice for the help!

(Sorry the pic is after I rubbed it with some mustard lol)

TC, It will cook faster and have more bark if left flat.

Just saw this post was 4 days old
icon_biggrin.gif
 -how did you do it and how did it come out?

Last edited:
I ended up tying it with butcher twine! It turned out good tho wish I had pics but it finished right before I had people over for the fight so I was in hurry

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky