1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Need seasoning suggestions ground venison log

Discussion in 'Wild Game' started by BC Buck, Jun 8, 2019.

1. BC Buck

BC Buck Fire Starter

MO
    Guy I use to work with would make mini 2"X 6" seasoned logs then smoke them. Everyone at work really enjoyed so I thought Id give a try. I have some jerky seasoning but would like to try couple different recipes. Also what internal temp should I finish them at.

2. I'd look up any recipe for fatties or bacon bombs on here and go from there! Venison being so lean, i would grind up some bacon ends and mix with then smoke. But for seasoning i love both famous Daves rib rub or Everglades cactus dust, even killer hogs rub would be good. If you wanna make your own rub, just search this forum and I'd imagine you'll find a couple recipes worthy of use

3. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Search Lebanon Sweet Bologna. Deer Processors make it by the Ton throughout central PA...JJ