Need lots of advice!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sierra smoke

Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
Magalia,Ca.
Hi Everyone,
I live in the foothills of the Sierra's in the gold rush country of Northern California, and go by the handle of " Sierra Smoke"
I've been lurking for a while soaking up answers to some of my many questions, and have even taken Jeff's Smoking Basics eCourse. The time has come to register and get down to some serious smoking.
I have a low cost ($160.00) Char-Broil Offset Silver Smoker, and a Weber Gas Grill.
I have used the Weber for ten years and have become fairly accompleshed with it, but the smoker is new and so am I when it comes to smoking meat. I will have many questions for you guys and want to thank you in advance for the answers, that you are willing to share.

Sierra Smoke!
Welcome to our friendly family style forum! You are among very well accomplished as well as neophyte smokers.

Just take your time and read through the threads which interest you and then dive in and have at it!

And no matter what happens, share your successes as well as your flops with us! We are all here to learn from one another!

Cheers!
Monty

Welcome Sierra Smoke,

Sounds like a beautiful spot your in.

If you need anything don't hesitate to jump in and ask questions. Sometimes you may get too much info but you will always get answers.

Look forward to seeing some pics of some great BBQ.

i have the same grill and would be more then happy to help you in any way i can. its a hard smoker to smoke with due to the fact the metal is so thin. you just have to watch your fire more.

and welcome to the club.

BUZZARD! Where the heck have you been, man? Haven't heard from you in a while! Don't get lost again, Ya Hear?
Monty

i didnt think you all would remember me!!!! im a blushing

i just bought a new computer and it keeps freezing so its now been in the repair shop for well over a month now, they have no idea how to fix it.

i got bored so i went and got me a laptop so i can visit all my friends again

yes iiiimmmm bbaaacccckkkkk

My goodness! I was getting ready to send out the St Bernards for your rescue but their kegs were empty! :oops: Had to get a refill. WOW seems like you have had your troubles electronically! But in any sense we are glad to have you back! Now get to reviewing the topics and start posting!
Cheers!
Monty

Welcome Sierra,

If you have questons, or are totally confused, remember the only bad question is the one that does not get asked.

Love your neck of the woods, well worth to cost of gasoline, for the family and I to make that drive.

Don't be shy, jump in and lets get you cooking, what is going to the grates this week?

Welcome to SMF Sierra, we love it when "lurkers" decide to join our happy little bunch. As has been mentioned, there is a wealth of information here for you to tap into and don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky