• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

need help with pork

mudduck

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 28, 2009
i have some precook shank hams in the freezer .that is getting old and i need to do something

with.we are tired of bake and smoke hams.the last two we cook were turf and dry

i think a lot of it was old hogs. with that being said.i need some suggestions of what to use

them to make. thanks for suggestions in advance

smokin relaxin steve

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2010
Sometimes when i have left over ham i will slice it up and simmer it in the pork gravy, garlic, and chopped onions for hot ham sandwiches.... mmmmm i can taste the melted provolone now...

Or even cube it up for some Ham Stew, which is yummy in the winter months...

pignit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 3, 2008
I like to cube it and put it in the freezer to use in scalloped potatoes, potato soup, scrambled eggs, fried rice, egg rolls, fatties, pizza...... lots of places to use ham.

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
I'd  smoke em and then cube it up for beans ,soup , dice it for omelets, pizza and seasoning vegetables. Cubed ham is great for jambalaya or pastalaya.

porked

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ever hear of ham loaf? Check it out sometime...just a thought.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now you could also pull tha hams or cube it small and then use them in tacos or burritos too. I also like the salad one and the omelet one too. It's also good with a mac-n-cheese with some hams too.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.