Need help, MES crapped out on me TONIGHT. Ribs tomorrow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tprice

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Bought a new 40" MES last year just before Thanksgiving and worked great(only used it 2/3 times) till I got ready to use it one day this summer and would not come on

Emailed Masterbuilt and they sent me a new burner unit

Well have done 3 turkeys (Thanksgiving and 2 for Christmas) and few chicken breasts/pork chops in between but not much

Well tonight I plug it in to pre-heat for in the am for ribs

Just happened to look outside and notice it was not on, power is good at outlet but no power at unit

Already emailed Masterbuilt but not going to help me tomorrow

I have 2 choices, I have a Weber Gensis (nat gas) and a Weber charcoal kettle grill

I know I can control the nat gas temp pretty easy but have never really tried to control the charcoal Weber

I had planned on smoking ribs for couple hours at 225, then foil and coat with sauce/rub and put back on smoker at 225 for 2/3 more hours

I assume I can just do this on my grill but any tips would be appreciated

I have 2 racks of ribs in the frig already rubbed and wrapped up for the night and was going to put them on about 6/7 am

Any tips for doing them on the grill would be appreciated

Thanks

Also, I have emailed Masterbuilt and last time they had me a new burner in 3/4 days but should I try and get an entire new unit out of them.

Did you remember to set the time and the temp....

Oh yea, Nothing at all at control center. no lights no nothing

Decided to do them on the Weber Gensis since we are eating at lunch time and got it set around 225 pretty steady

Put my ribs on at 6 am

Wish me luck

That's too bad about the MES,  good luck with your smoke you'll do fine .

WELL, after it got daylight I realized it was NOT THE MES, I have a heavy duty drop cord that has lighted plug in and that was all I looked at last night.

When I looked at it this am the plug from the smoker was about 3/4 way out, BRAIN FART

Oh well got the smoker up to temp and transferred the ribs, hope they turn out ok

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky