Need advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tmurphy

Original poster
Aug 22, 2016
First sorry if this is the wrong location to put this. I just moved to Idaho and looking to get a new smoker/grill any suggestions i used to have a Oklahoma Joe Longhorn combo grill/smoker

Hello and  
welcome1.gif
  to you.

Glad you decided to hang out with us.

I built my smoker, and so can't answer your question.

Someone will come along shortly that has answers.

If not, jump right out into general discussion and ask there.

You will get answers.

Ed

Welcome from SC. It's good to have you here on this great site.

What type fuel do you want to use?
Do you want a set and forget or do you like to play with the fire?
How many folks will you be normally cooking for? Maximum number?
Did you enjoy cooking on your Okey Joe?

When you can give us the answer to these questions and tell us a little about yourself, we will be able to give you some suggestions.

Good luck and good smokin', Joe. :grilling_smilie:

I dont really have a preference for fuel. i cook for about 4 people normally but have lost of people over. Im still very new to smoking only about a year.

In my opinion, the best flavor comes from a wood burning fire. A wood fire is a learning curve, but it's a lot of fun learning and what man doesn't like playing with fire.

I would suggest that you contact Craig Bell at Bell Fab in Owasso, OK. He will make you a one off smoker to your personal specifications and needs. His material and fabrication is first class and his prices are very reasonable. He can build a very large smoker or a small smoker or anything in between. Graig is very good to work with and wants to please.

Contact Craig at: [email protected]

Good luck in your research for a smoker that suits your needs, Joe.

My problem is i move alot im military that is why im think8ng of electric its compact and easy to move

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky