• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Need Advice Lamb

WeberBlackStoneYoder

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 13, 2018
My wife wants me to smoke a boneless leg of Lamb. It only weighs 2.5# and have never done lamb on my smoker before. looking for suggestions. time, temp, etc.. Thanks

sandyut

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
Oh yes! I always reverse sear lamb leg. Smoke low as you can. I do 180 till it’s close to the done temp you are shooting for. If you smoke hotter it will be to temp in an hour. Like you would with beef. I wouldn’t go past 120-130 but I like it very medium rare. Then sear on a very hot gasser or cast iron pan or something Real fast and to doneness you guys like

sandyut

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
Oh yes and the time will depend on if you do it in pieces or tie it up I like in pieces but they will get done at various times Since they will be differing in thickness

WeberBlackStoneYoder

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 13, 2018
Oh yes! I always reverse sear lamb leg. Smoke low as you can. I do 180 till it’s close to the done temp you are shooting for. If you smoke hotter it will be to temp in an hour. Like you would with beef. I wouldn’t go past 120-130 but I like it very medium rare. Then sear on a very hot gasser or cast iron pan or something Real fast and to doneness you guys like
Are you doing the sear before or after the smoke? Thanks

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
Just remember sheep are liars you can't believe nuthin they say!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks