Need a Pellet Smoker - recommendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OC Skip

Original poster
Jul 25, 2020
Looking for a mid-sized pellet smoker. Not interested in and direct flame cooking. Live at the beach so corrosion protection is a plus. Cost not really important. WiFi and timer control is important. Mostly low and slow cooking at 225 unattended. Looking Rec Tec, Pitts and spits, camp chef. What am I missing?

CookShack has the all stainless steel Fast Eddy series. Don't know if if it is wifi or has any type of timer. It does allow direct grilling although I see you are not interested in that. Still, nice to have if/when the desire strikes. Here is a link to the least expensive model:

Look at the RecTec RT700. Just bought one and very pleased. Almost all stainless steel, so your environment is not a big deal. WiFi and app controls and monitoring of grill and food probes.

I think you could draw any of the 3 names you have listed out of a hat and think you would be quite pleased with the results. RT warranty is 4 yr on the Stampede, 6 on the Bull. Not sure on others. Good luck with your decision.

Edit: and welcome to the forum

I too have Rec Tec, the 700. It answers the mail on everything you mentioned. Wi Fi, so can monitor (and adjust) temp settings remotely. It holds temps very well. Lots of stainless in key areas. I live on the SE GA coast, and have no issues with corrosion anywhere (just under a year old, to be fair).

Memphis is pricey but a true set it and forget it pellet grill/smoker. Been smoking 3+ times a week for over two years with zero problems. Have had nothing but problems with anything Camp Chef makes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky