Need a Moderator to check this ( spam )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No thanks! :emoji_laughing:

The "suspicious charges to you amazon account" scam phone call I received the other morning is plenty for the week.
I get these on calls and email….Your $10k 100” Tv and sound system order is confirmed. If you did not order this please call or click……LOL I usually quickly look at my Amazon open orders to be sure and move on with my day.

This is a new one on me.

I guess her con comes on the second e-mail? "I only need $1,000 in gift cards from WalMart to prove you are sincere, and to cover the transfer fees to your account". :emoji_laughing:

I get these on calls and email….Your $10k 100” Tv and sound system order is confirmed. If you did not order this please call or click……LOL I usually quickly look at my Amazon open orders to be sure and move on with my day.
I get those also....." Here's your receipt" I instantly panic and check all of my bank accounts

Reactions: jcam222

YEP!
I have my CC account set up so that if there is a $5 charge, I get an email notification.

I got it as well.

I have multiple email addresses, but 3 major ones.
1 - Personal email address, that nobody that's not in my contacts list can get through.
2 - The internet/forums/groups/etc, that I use for things like this forum. Probably get maybe 10% spam from sites that sell the info.
3 - The email address that companies demand that you give them when doing business with them. 90% spam. Sell all the info.
Pretty easy to figure out where the email comes from.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I did get a text last week from Citi about an online charge at BestBuy.com for $330.28 along with a test charge for $30.25 which were bogus. I called them and they immediately canceled that card and sent me a new one. Funny thing is that card NEVER comes out of my wallet, but my wife has the same card...😏

I did get a text last week from Citi about an online charge at BestBuy.com for $330.28 along with a test charge for $30.25 which were bogus. I called them and they immediately canceled that card and sent me a new one. Funny thing is that card NEVER comes out of my wallet, but my wife has the same card...😏
I bet it was one of the guys here on the forums...little enablers are always helping spend others people's money!

Ryan

haha I got that as well. I just figured our mods would take care of it. Between the car warranties & the text from AT&T wanting to give me a free gift for paying my bills :emoji_confused:

At least Rachel with credit card services finally stopped calling me ...

I got one, too.
I recently refinanced my home mortgage with my bank, and now I'm getting 4-5 pieces of junk mail per week from whoever, wanting to contact me about it. I guess banking information isn't private anymore.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky