Need a meat slicer $500 range - Recommendations?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Saw this on Amazon.

Anyone have any experience with this model?

JC :emoji_cat:
JC in GB, That is the model I bought 2 years ago for slicing salumi. Can slice 0.5mm Coppa with it. I like it so far, only critic would be that the blade could use a little more angle like a Berkle... I have been raising the feet on the feed side up about 3" on books and that seems to work better. I want to make some foot brakets to keep the angle permanent. Just need to measure it out on some aluminum plate and go to my buddies shop and bend it, then have the seams welded.

I have only touched up the blade once. I have cut about 100# of bacon and 120# of Canadian bacon through it so far....works great.

oh- do buy cut proof gloves for removing the blade to clean it!

Reactions: JC in GB
JC in GB, That is the model I bought 2 years ago for slicing salumi. Can slice 0.5mm Coppa with it. I like it so far, only critic would be that the blade could use a little more angle like a Berkle... I have been raising the feet on the feed side up about 3" on books and that seems to work better. I want to make some foot brakets to keep the angle permanent. Just need to measure it out on some aluminum plate and go to my buddies shop and bend it, then have the seams welded.

I have only touched up the blade once. I have cut about 100# of bacon and 120# of Canadian bacon through it so far....works great.

oh- do buy cut proof gloves for removing the blade to clean it!

Thanks for the response. Very good info. I will add a pair of cut gloves to the order when I make it.

I want it mostly for slicing bacon, sandwich meat, and possibly breads.

Reactions: indaswamp
Well, the verdict is in. I got myself a Globe G12 slicer yesterday for slicing lunch meat and bacon. It seems to be a pretty solid unit for the price. 12" Blade with 1/2 HP motor. It seems like it is pretty easy to take apart for cleaning but that remains to be seen.

My first slicing job is going to be some smoked picnic ham that I am curing right now. I am going to use that for sandwich ham.

I am hoping the 12" blade will be enough to slice full strips of bacon.

In any event, that completes one more check box for my meat shop equipment wish list.

Meat shop? Going professional selling to the public?

That is my plan. I have made bacon for folks at work and I always sell out within an hour.

My pipe dream is to open a deli or maybe a food truck similar to Kramarczuk's Polish deli in Minneapolis.

Their meats are top quality. I want to make deli style pastrami and corned beef sandwiches.

photo.png

Kramarczuk

I've been using a Hobart 12" slicer since 2015 and have never nicked myself. I bought a pair of those gloves at first but after a couple of times, I put them away.

Reactions: JC in GB
I've been using a Hobart 12" slicer since 2015 and have never nicked myself. I bought a pair of those gloves at first but after a couple of times, I put them away.

I asked about that when I bought it. This slicer has a removeable plate in front of the blade so it is easy to clean without exposing yourself to getting cut. At least in theory. :emoji_astonished::emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky