NBBD Restoration

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flyphish

Original poster
Nov 11, 2021
Hey All,

Very new here. I got my hands on a "seasoned" New Braunfels Black Diamond offset. I'm starting the restoration process on it. It needs a bit of TLC. I have a pretty good idea of how I will attack the rust. And then take everything apart and re-sealing and season it. My questions lie in the grates. Mine are just suspended against the walls of the cook chamber. I have seen the use of threaded rods in some mods online to place the grates on. I am just trying to get an idea of maximizing the cooking area and want to plan ahead a bit. My grates need replacing, so I am looking for a best practice to mount them in the smoking chamber and get pointed in the right direction, should I be looking to add on an upper grate level on this smoker or should I be keeping this thing to a single level. Thanks for the thoughts.

Attachments

• Image from iOS (9).jpg
    Image from iOS (9).jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 16
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky