N. Fl Gathering V

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Don't forget to take a lot of pictures. Those of us who couldn't make it would like to put faces to the names we know. I'm sure a great time will be had by all! Looks like the weather will be beautiful.

Next time we do this we should set up a spice exchange.  Purchase spices in bulk and split them up for sharing.  I would really like to get the discounted pricing and lower relative shipping costs available in large sizes without all the waste of letting them sit around too long.   With  a reliable scale it shouldn't be a problem.  Can also do the same thing with hanks of natural casings and cures.

Just need to go get the rental car and should be on the road around 1pm. See you guys later tonight.
yahoo.gif

GREAT NEWS. Laurel is now coming. We are all stoked.

I figured you would be happy to hear that Bob. 

I'm happy to hear that anyone is coming . But was really not happy that she was going to have to miss this.

She has been there since the first one.

Now if we can just get her to a La. gathering ?

I'm happy to hear that anyone is coming . But was really not happy that she was going to have to miss this.

She has been there since the first one.

Now if we can just get her to a La. gathering ?
I plan on being at the next LA gathering.

On my way, folks!! Be there by suppertime.

First off thank you Jerry for the great time yesterday. Now to all of the SMF crew that was down Saturday it was great getting to meet each of you. I only wish we could have stayed longer. Maxine the wife was very impressed and she said she can't wait till next year. We felt like we were at a family get to gather. For anyone who has never been to one of the gatherings you are missing out on a really good time. So until we meet face to face again hope to chat with you and look forward to the friendships we have started and the ones we will make.
To my Smoke family hope you are safe and healthy until we meet again.

Robert & Maxine Fife

Jerry,

Just wanted to let you know I made it back to Slidell.  about 7 hrs.  Kind of beat, the bike ran fine.  I'll check in with you later,

Al

I personally thought things went great it was nice to get to meet so many more members and it was great to see all the friends we've made here. I wish it hadn't been so much hotter than a normal year but at least we didn't have rain.I would like to Thank Everyone who attended and I appreciate those that helped out with the event so much.

Robert and Maxine it was great getting to meet ya'll and wish you could have spent more time with us.

Al I'm glad everything went well on the way home and thanks for coming over

Here's a little teaser I'll have more later and Brian and Jeff have a bunch of pics

ccdb4bc9_PICT0125.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking Group !!!!

Thanks for the pics Jerry!

Sorry to hear it was so hot----snicker............

Bear

I think that is everyone that was there at the time of the picture.. we had quite a few that were coming and going and probably did not make it into that photo. I think we ended up agreeing that the turnout for this year was right around 50 give or take a couple of heads. I thought it was a great turnout and Jerry sure does know how to throw a party!

I took almost 700 pictures with some video here and there but it may take me a day or two to go through everything and pick out the good stuff, downsize it and format/optimize it for the forum. I will definitely get more pictures up just give me a few days to get it done.

It was a blast and if you did not make it here this year then you missed out and the only way to make it right is to make up your mind right now that you will be there next year. If you ever come one time, you will want to come back every year. It is that much fun and the food is amazing not to mention the games, the tall-tales, the camaraderie, the late nights around the fire and the chance to mingle with folks who are as passionate about smoking meat as you are.

Thank you to everyone who came and was a part of this gathering.. we look forward to another one next year that's even bigger. Thank you to Jerry and his wife Karen who made all of this happen with literally hundreds of man-hours of work and labor to put all of this together and provide a top notch place to host a get together of this proportion.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky