Mystery Meat identification help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RichGTS

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 22, 2020
Camdenton Mo
My niece was cleaning out her freezer and gave me what she said was pork ribs. When I looked at them it says National Beef but nothing else.
no weight, nothing. I put a dollar next to it for reference.
anyone know what this is? It’s frozen solid.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 111
This is the second mystery meat gift thread this week :) I keep waiting for my mystery meat to get dropped off haha

Reactions: sandyut
This is the second mystery meat gift thread this week :) I keep waiting for my mystery meat to get dropped off haha
I would have thought that it would say something somewhere but I can’t find anything other than national beef

Reactions: jcam222
National beef is most likely a vendor or brand name . Does it have a product number on it ?

Clod maybe brisket, it's just guessing at this point until you unwrap it.
Whatever it is, the price was right, that's 100% for sure.:emoji_laughing::emoji_sunglasses:

Reactions: bigfurmn
Yea - that sure seems about right. She didn’t know how long it has been in her deep freeze and I can’t tell yet but I’m hoping it’s not freezer burnt.

Yup . Looks like you will have some clean up to do . The off color stuff on the surface . Like said above plenty of usable meat there , and its in the original package . Plus some of that would be trimmed off no matter what .

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky