LEM BigBite Dual Grind Attachment - I Got One......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HowlingDog

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 16, 2019
I looked at these when they first came out, but didn't pull the trigger until about a week ago. Well, it arrived and I just had to try it out.

IMG_6644.JPG

The Pieces
IMG_6646.JPG

It goes together easy enough, with the help of a couple pliers to loosen the existing knife/plate holder and install the new one.

And it looks like this:
IMG_6647.JPG

Went to Costco and paid California prices for a nice brisket $4.49 a pound:
IMG_6639.JPG

Cut it up in smaller chunks than I normally do. This is only about half the brisket. The rest is being frozen for later use:
IMG_6640.JPG

IMG_6653.JPG

Put the chunks in the freezer and let them firm up. Got everything assembled and started. A nice fine grind. I was pleased and impressed. There was only one hiccup where one or two of the chunks was mostly frozen and jammed it up a bit. Beef fat is pretty solid stuff !! Had to disassemble and clear it out. Once reassembled, grind went smooth and easy.

There was a little bit more "waste" than I expected, but it probably is about the same as doing two grinds. Since the knife sits between the two plates, there is about 1/2 an inch of space that fills. Not a bad loss but just something to remember.

IMG_6655.JPG

Since it was lunch time, I wanted to try smash sliders.... On Kings Hawaiian Rolls and BACON.....
IMG_6656.JPG

IMG_6657.JPG

Plated. Frozen grapes. Added some Doritos as well.
IMG_6658.JPG

It was a fun grind and smash!!! If ya all are considering the dual grind, I would recommend. I got it during one of LEM's sales and well worth it. Can't wait to try on some breakfast sausage next.

Thanks for looking!!!

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_6656.JPG
    IMG_6656.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 6
Looks like it worked well! Darn fine looking smash burgers!

Ryan

Good looking burgers. I’ve had my dual grind a while so it’s the whole grinder attachment not just the add on they have now. But it works perfectly and I’m pleased, glad you are happy as well.

I still dual grind the old fashioned way. Change plates. My LEM does a fine job and never lets me down. Your burgers look great!

Darn fine looking smash burgers!
Thanks BrokenHandle. Never made mini smash sliders before. Just the right size for lunch!

I’ve had my dual grind a while so it’s the whole grinder attachment not just the add on they have now.
I was looking at the whole grinder attachment when it came out but just procrastinated. I am good at that. This worked fine, but I think more testing is in order.

I still dual grind the old fashioned way.
Thanks old sarge!! The old ways sometimes are still the best! Before I got this, I would just take handfuls for the just ground meat and feed it though along with the chunks going through the first time. It gave a little finer grind without having to re-chill the entire batch. I can be lazy at times as well. Not sure that being a bit lazy and a bit of a procrastinator is a good combination.....

I was looking at the whole grinder attachment when it came out but just procrastinated. I am good at that. This worked fine, but I think more testing is in order.
You got the better deal for sure. That new style attachment is slick.

I looked at these when they first came out, but didn't pull the trigger until about a week ago. Well, it arrived and I just had to try it out.

View attachment 683449
The Pieces
View attachment 683450

It goes together easy enough, with the help of a couple pliers to loosen the existing knife/plate holder and install the new one.

And it looks like this:
View attachment 683451

Went to Costco and paid California prices for a nice brisket $4.49 a pound:
View attachment 683452

Cut it up in smaller chunks than I normally do. This is only about half the brisket. The rest is being frozen for later use:
View attachment 683453

View attachment 683454

Put the chunks in the freezer and let them firm up. Got everything assembled and started. A nice fine grind. I was pleased and impressed. There was only one hiccup where one or two of the chunks was mostly frozen and jammed it up a bit. Beef fat is pretty solid stuff !! Had to disassemble and clear it out. Once reassembled, grind went smooth and easy.

There was a little bit more "waste" than I expected, but it probably is about the same as doing two grinds. Since the knife sits between the two plates, there is about 1/2 an inch of space that fills. Not a bad loss but just something to remember.

View attachment 683455

Since it was lunch time, I wanted to try smash sliders.... On Kings Hawaiian Rolls and BACON.....
View attachment 683457
View attachment 683458

Plated. Frozen grapes. Added some Doritos as well.
View attachment 683459

It was a fun grind and smash!!! If ya all are considering the dual grind, I would recommend. I got it during one of LEM's sales and well worth it. Can't wait to try on some breakfast sausage next.

Thanks for looking!!!

Mark
I wish we could get brisket fo $4.49/lb. this weeksd deal was $7.99 for prime. $120 bucks for a hunk of meat I'd never buy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky