my wife said NEVER AGAIN!!! qview !!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Lawson Mo
Things kinda got out of hand when I tried stuffing some burgers
icon_mrgreen.gif

2.75lbs of ground meat made the burgers you are about to witness, my wife said never ever make burgers this dang big again!!
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

Stuffed with cream cheese and habanero cheese, topped with cayenne and cumin.

Smoked 25 mins on each side with the UDS running wide open, internals were between 165 and 170

Enjoy this qview of some first try stuffed burgers from the UDS along with some brats!

24871c97_smoker%20045.jpg

cef6b906_smoker%20048.jpg

fab712c2_smoker%20049.jpg

e66293d8_smoker%20054.jpg

1e5d4892_smoker%20059.jpg

I took these after they cooled so you could see the insides!!

108a8c7e_smoker%20060.jpg

Reactions: meateater
I love big stuffed burgers. The first time I made them I took a 2lb back of burger and made two stuffed burgers out of them. They were HUGE to say the least. I learned that wen your burger is three times bigger than your bun it may be too big. I toned them down now and we love them.

wife couldn't even eat it as a sammy, had to disassemble it to take a bit LOL

I've actually considered using ziplock sandwich bags for my next fatties ( mini's ) 

the stuffed burgers are catchin my eye lol they look great!!
and man they are dang simple! I didn't even know what I was gonna stuff em with until I was more than half way done mixin the burger. I opened the fridge for something saw the cream cheese and went..hmmmm...grabbed it and the last of the hab cheese and just went for it!

See-----size really does matter!

Hmmm, Whole meat loaf on a bun or bread!

Certainly looks good, and I'm betting it tastes even better!

Bear

cool.gif

Now I guess I'm lucky again for my wife likes the stuffed burgers and we have bin doing them for a while now. She still like the sauteed onions and blue cheese burger too. The they are really big to maybe a 3/4 lber. One is all you need.

Last edited:
Now i am not a doctor but next time throw a little butter in there and wait untill you take a bite.

Very good looking burgers. The color is beautiful and I bet the taste was even better. I can't wait to try to stuff some burgers. My wife is pregnent and can't eat hamburger and she won't let me make them until after the kid comes out. Next week the kid is coming out no matter what, so the stuffed burgers don't have to wait much longer.

Very good looking burgers. The color is beautiful and I bet the taste was even better. I can't wait to try to stuff some burgers. My wife is pregnent and can't eat hamburger and she won't let me make them until after the kid comes out. Next week the kid is coming out no matter what, so the stuffed burgers don't have to wait much longer.
Great---Congrats!

Won't be long you can make a smaller "third" burger!

Bearcarver

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky