My Wife just laughs at me.......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matts

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Central Illinois
Does this happen to you? 

When I start preparing for a smoke, one of the first things I grab is a camera.  I try to take photos of everything step by step to share with my family on SMF.  Well, the wife just doesn't understand.  She laughs at me and even calls me a nerd sometimes.  It really hurts my feelings, LOL  Well maybe not.

My wife would always laugh at me too when I was looking at SMF. That is until I left it up on a big q-view of somebody elses, and then she started drooling over it, and requested I make it. Since then she watches over my shoulder and tells me what looks good.

I don't do the q-view most of the time I cook, mainly because I'm usually doing ten things at once.

i tell my girl "if you laugh at my picture taking you don't get any" shuts her up real fast
icon_lol.gif
 ...........bob

I've been accused of obsessing a time or two, ridiculed and mocked when hanging around the forum or prepping food and taking Q-view pix.  All that stops when the Q is served. 
cool.gif
  A lot of the Q my family enjoys is a direct result of all the great advice and support on SMF, and I think they know that on some level.

Matt; et al-you just need to get the women folk trained right fellers. Yeah, Ma Dutch and the kids used to laugh at me too but I just ignored them and went about what I was doing. They soon learned that they didn't get to eat until I finished taking my que-view.

Now when I do a smoke, Ma will ask if I want the camera.  Now if I could just get her to learn how to use the darn thing I'd really have it made in the shade!!

Matt; et al-you just need to get the women folk trained right fellers. Yeah, Ma Dutch and the kids used to laugh at me too but I just ignored them and went about what I was doing. They soon learned that they didn't get to eat until I finished taking my que-view.

Now when I do a smoke, Ma will ask if I want the camera.  Now if I could just get her to learn how to use the darn thing I'd really have it made in the shade!!
Last Qview I did my wife looked at me and said are you taking pictures? I said no I am a bit busy right now. a minute later she had the camera out and was snapping pictures.

Gotta love it.

Yup, I think I really got her when I carried one of the Dining chairs over to the kitchen counter to stand on, so I could get a more "direct" shot from above of one of my smokes! 
rolleyes.gif

Bearcarver

Matt they just don't understand buddy! lol  I catch it every smoke....if I ask the wife to help with wrapping something or whatever and ask to wait a minute so I can wash my hands and when I reach for the camera I get the ole, you're taking pictures - OMG!  

And then when I'm doing all the final prepping to serve up the Q, the wife makes the announcement, oh wait, don't eat it yet, Dean has to take a picture for his online friends! LOL  I just roll with it and tell them, that's right, no eating until I'm finished!

I figure I've eased her into helping out here and there during the prep and it won't be long and I'll have her snapping pictures for me too! 
icon_twisted.gif

Welcome to the club! All pride in the kitchen goes out the window... lol. Wife and kids laugh.... till it's time to eat... then the only sound is lip smacking and kid's asking for 3rds!

We all who are married have been laughed at by our wives.

All you have to do is threaten to not share your smokes.

Look at my avatar.. I didn't take that pic. My wife thought she would get some Q view of her own while I cleaned out the drum ...

Last edited:
cool.gif

My wife started out making fun of me too. Now I have her telling me how th position everything and she evens take some to the qview to for me. Now I have her trained now don't you think..............

She's not here is she........LOL

Ya, they used to laugh at me ( and I'm sure the kids sometimes do), but the wife now takes the picks when I ask here to and she edits them for me!!

I may get laughed at at times, but guess who's laughin when I come in the house with McDonalds burgers and fries in a big pan with foil on top and say here is it, have at it.

My wife laughs at me too - even though she just bought a new F1.5 lens for her D-200.  What are you getting that for I says - she says - so the pictures of your meats look good...

Sheeeesh!

Aaron

De Profundis

My co-workers give the the "I find it odd that you take pictures of your food" routine. I get them back and eat it in front of them.  They drool, and beg...and I mention the qview and smile...occasionally leaving them some scraps.

Yeah, my wife used to laugh too.  I just dealt with it for a while, then one day I told her, "I gotta show this to my iFriends.  If you want my smokes to keep getting better, I need to read the forums and learn - this is my way of paying them back.  Would you rather that happen for free, or send me to a class for $500???" 

She hasn't said a word since.

My wife has never laughed. She has always been too busy eating to laugh and everyone knows it's not polite to talk or laugh with your mouth full of Q.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky