My Wife and In laws ROCK........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

corjen

Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Wichita KS
ca5628b6_IMG00403-20110831-1341.jpg

Hey All, just wanted to show off a little bit......My Wife and Family went in toghether to get a Yoder Smokers 16" Cheyenne for my birthday!!!! I have been eyeballing this for about 6 months!!! I cant wait to get some tasty cow or pig out of this thing!!! I was actually planning to do a brisket on Labor day.

Happy Birthday and congrats on the new Yoder

Happy birthday!! It's good to hear about someone who enjoys and appreciates their in-laws. Mine are some of my favorite people, and I can imagine how awful it must be to not get along with the family of your spouse. Congrats on the smoker and have fun with it!!

That is SOOO Cool...My Mother-in-Law bought my New Braunsfel for my Birthday, 20 years ago! Greatest Present ever...I miss you Mom!...JJ

Last edited:
I also offer my congratulations on the Yoder. I know you'll love it. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. I have the Wichita model. Once you get the hang of it and learn how to regulate the heat and smoke you'll love it even more. I use lump charcoal and wood splits in mine. I also purchased a charcoal basket which has allowed me to use the minion method more efficiently. Maybe you have one already. I place the wood splits between the basket and the wall of the firebox where the opening to the cooking chamber is located. Before learning this trick on this forum I was using twice as many splits and it was harder to get and maintain that thin blue smoke everyone talks about.

Congrats again

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky