• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

my Weber kettle

minhchien

Joined Jun 29, 2020
Occasionally I was smoking ribs on my Weber kettle. My wife got me a 30" masterbuilt digital as an early birthday present, smoked 3 racks of ribs and Mac and cheese last week. Used cherry and had a nice subtle flavors, I noticed the cherry did have trouble smoking whenever I adde

Today smoking a 7.5 lb pork shoulder, I read on here that sometimes cherry has an issue staying lit, so today mixed the cherry with some scotch barrel and getting a much more steady stream of smoke, although the scotch barell seems to be burning rather quickly

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
First off welcome to SMF, greetings from Iowa. Second, we need pics or it never happened :emoji_wink:. Third, yes you're right, cherry pellets by themselves don't stay lit well.

Ryan

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
Welcome to the site, you might try a pellet tray or a tube with some pellets of your choice for a longer burn time without reloading.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
Welcome from Wisconsin. If you are using a Masterbuilt electric, you will likely want to invest in a pellet tube or tray.

JC :emoji_cat:

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.