my Weber kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

minhchien

Original poster
Jun 29, 2020
Occasionally I was smoking ribs on my Weber kettle. My wife got me a 30" masterbuilt digital as an early birthday present, smoked 3 racks of ribs and Mac and cheese last week. Used cherry and had a nice subtle flavors, I noticed the cherry did have trouble smoking whenever I adde

Today smoking a 7.5 lb pork shoulder, I read on here that sometimes cherry has an issue staying lit, so today mixed the cherry with some scotch barrel and getting a much more steady stream of smoke, although the scotch barell seems to be burning rather quickly

First off welcome to SMF, greetings from Iowa. Second, we need pics or it never happened :emoji_wink:. Third, yes you're right, cherry pellets by themselves don't stay lit well.

Ryan

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome to the site, you might try a pellet tray or a tube with some pellets of your choice for a longer burn time without reloading.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky