1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My Veterans Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jethro, Nov 12, 2006.

1. jethro

jethro Smoke Blower

[The sky was clear and bright, the smoke was thin and blue, I took the day off, I knew just what to do. The ham was cured and seasoned, a batch of wicked beans too].... ...[I put them in the smoker then made a beer run 'cause I knew it would be hours before it was done]..... .. . [The smell of hickory lofted in the air, as I sipped my beer and tended my fire all without care]...... [The hours ticked by as I savored my beer, waiting for that perfect temperature to appear].......[Several hours later I hit that perfect mark and lo and behold what a beautiful bark]....... [As dreams passed through my head of the meal soon to be, I bowed my head and gave thanks for my chance to be free]....[So a happy Veterans Day to all that have served, I hope you all enjoyed the day you all so richly deserve.]...... Jeff ( Jethro ) Letson U.S. Navy, USS Independence, VA-176, 1981 -1984

2. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Outstandingly said shipmate :!:

Rodger Hearington
    USS Oriskany CVA-34
    1971 - 1975

3. monty

monty Master of the Pit Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

All I can say is:

Thank You!

4. soflaquer

soflaquer Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

What a great poem!

Thanks to all that serve and those who have served!

Jeff

5. larry maddock

larry maddock Master of the Pit OTBS Member

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND SACRIFICE!!!!!!

6. Well done brother!!

Army
    5th Inf Div
    705 Maint Btn
    76-79

7. vulcan75001

vulcan75001 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

To those that have so selflessly served, to preserve our Freedom, and to make this country the Greatest Nation there is...THANK YOU....
    To those that are serving now, protecting our Freedom, and are in harms way...our thoughts and Prayers are with you and your families....THANK YOU..

Richard Magurn
    US NAVY
    USNSG
    1969-1973

8. starsfaninco

starsfaninco Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Here here. Very well said

USNR 1990-1994
    USS Abraham Lincoln CVN-72 Plankowner
    USS Spartanburg County LST-1192
    QM3