My Veterans Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jethro

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
Tucson, Arizona
[The sky was clear and bright, the smoke was thin and blue, I took the day off, I knew just what to do. The ham was cured and seasoned, a batch of wicked beans too].... ...[I put them in the smoker then made a beer run 'cause I knew it would be hours before it was done]..... .. . [The smell of hickory lofted in the air, as I sipped my beer and tended my fire all without care]...... [The hours ticked by as I savored my beer, waiting for that perfect temperature to appear].......[Several hours later I hit that perfect mark and lo and behold what a beautiful bark]....... [As dreams passed through my head of the meal soon to be, I bowed my head and gave thanks for my chance to be free]....[So a happy Veterans Day to all that have served, I hope you all enjoyed the day you all so richly deserve.]...... Jeff ( Jethro ) Letson U.S. Navy, USS Independence, VA-176, 1981 -1984

To those that have so selflessly served, to preserve our Freedom, and to make this country the Greatest Nation there is...THANK YOU....
To those that are serving now, protecting our Freedom, and are in harms way...our thoughts and Prayers are with you and your families....THANK YOU..

Richard Magurn
US NAVY
USNSG
1969-1973

Here here. Very well said

USNR 1990-1994
USS Abraham Lincoln CVN-72 Plankowner
USS Spartanburg County LST-1192
QM3

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky