My very first DO meal and the second and third...

Discussion in 'General Dutch Oven Information' started by ironskillet, Jul 27, 2011.

1. ironskillet

ironskillet Newbie

[​IMG]Hi all, I  have been making my DO table since last fall.  My first meal was stew, sheepherders bread and a very sinful chocolate cake..

The next day I made cinnamon rolls out of the left over bread dough.  Was surprised that they were the best cinnamon rolls Ive ever made..A couple nites later t  made chicken and dressing and froze and used the left over bread for the dressing..

And last nite I made pork, taters and corn.. forgot the biscuits tho..dang.. Anyway here are my pictures.. You can see the table in Wolmans DO table build on page two.. I posted them earlier when it was finally finished.. The pictures are loading out of order, but you get the idea

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. ironskillet

ironskillet Newbie

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]the cake and bread for the first meal..[​IMG]

3. ironskillet

ironskillet Newbie

These were made in the DO the next morning from the left over Sheepherders bread dough.. It was a lot of dough~

[​IMG]

The bottoms of the rolls

[​IMG]

The chicken and dressing I made a couple nites later and made the dressing from the left over loaf of bread..

[​IMG]

Ol girl never stood a chance..

[​IMG]

Chicken and dressing..

[​IMG]

Small pork sirloin roast with potatoes and corn.. finally ran out of bread and forgot to make biscuits.. Tomorrow DO Pizza!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  4. ecto1

ecto1 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Amazing I love my DO but have never even attepted anything like this.

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That's some awesome looking grub!

[​IMG]

6. sunman76

sunman76 Master of the Pit

ah man that looks good, 

7. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Fabulous!!

Nothing better than cooked outdoors!!

Craig

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  8. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now thats some fine looking food. All I could wish is that I was somewhre near you when it was all done. Big BUmmer.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  9. terry colwell

terry colwell Smoking Fanatic

You got Skills man,, That bread LOOKS awesome. And some killer cinnimon rolls too...Oh,,, like the table also, like how its off the ground( bad back here) and how it keeps the mess right there for easy clean up..

10. ironskillet

ironskillet Newbie

So whats in those pots.. seen your video and what a bummer that hit and run must have been. Hope youre feeling better and back on your bike. Debra

11. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Awesome.

Just something about cooking in a DO

12. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wow great job

13. That looks awesome. I hope someone at the South Florida gathering in Nov. is going to do a DO gig.

I'm fascinated by it. How in the world do you control heat?

Again, nice job...James

14. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Dinner for around 50... Parents nite at Scout camp..Simple meatloaf around the inside with asperagus trees in the center.

Looked and tasted great!!

I feel a lot better today than I did a year ago.  I am very grateful to be alive today.. My motorcycling days are done.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Craig

I am planning on bring at least one of mine. Prolly make some deserts and jambalaya, chicken and rice or paella.

Controlling the heat is easy...once you have done a few it gets real easy.

Craig

15. ironskillet

ironskillet Newbie

Well Im a 60 yr old grandma and have been cookin all my life, so I check the heat by lifting the lid and feeling the heat....But I did a whole lot of study on how to do this and there are charts to show how many coals on top and bottom to reach the right heat..But found that its no different than cooking anything in a pot in the oven.. Baking was my big fear and it was just so easy..Give it a try. And the meat is so tender and juicy cooked this way.. Debra

16. Hmnn, I see another section of my lanai taken up by equipment soon. And to think my wife wanted to put an in ground spa there instead...spa indeed.

Thanks Debra...James

17. Cool fpnmf, I'm looking forward to learning from you, SmokinAl and the rest. It is going to be a blast.

18. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great looking food and it sure does look like fun.  Takes me back to my scouting days.

Good luck and good smoking.

19. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Wow, that all looks great, thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

20. wolfmann

wolfmann Smoke Blower

That looks like one great dinner and you cooked on your new table. I am impressed that you can cook like that. If I ever make it up there I will invite myself to dinner. LOL It would be a great bike ride in that area once the weather gets better.