My turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
PC that one would make Norman Rockwell proud!

I will be channeling your inner bird today as I will be putting on the bird in a few for our din din

Reactions: MJB05615
Farmer the color is great! Nice bird!
Looks real good Adam!
Nice color on the skin!
Al
Thats a TOB (thing of beauty)!
Jim
Beautiful turkey Adam, just beautiful. Mine came out really well but boy oh boy, it sure wasn't that pretty. Excellent job sir!!

Robert
PC that one would make Norman Rockwell proud!

I will be channeling your inner bird today as I will be putting on the bird in a few for our din din
A graet looking bird there guy. I'm still waiting for the sammie you was going to bring me.

Warren

Thanks everyone. Had sammies last night. Turned out pretty good. I need to see if they are on sale now to pick some up for later. Maybe cure one. I like giving people pink poultry. LOL

We have made meals from leftover dressing, mashed taters, and gravy without added meat.

We could do this as there is Sausage in the Dressing but, Bev wants her childhood favorite TG leftovers...Crisp pan fried Dressing topped with Turkey and Gravy.

On Corn Cob Pellets...Pops had a post that Feed Stores, like Tractor Supply carry HORSE BEDDING, which consists of Cob Pellets. ..JJ

pc farmer pc farmer
Did you brine or just season?
We could do this as there is Sausage in the Dressing but, Bev wants her childhood favorite TG leftovers...Crisp pan fried Dressing topped with Turkey and Gravy.

On Corn Cob Pellets...Pops had a post that Feed Stores, like Tractor Supply carry HORSE BEDDING, which consists of Cob Pellets. ..JJ
Thanks!
I didn't find the Pops post, but I did find this Corn Cob Pellets thread from a couple years back.
There is Tractor Supply stores around here. Don't usually shop there, I'll look for them after checking local fleet farm store.
If I don't like them for smoking pellets, I'll give the rest to my "kids across the street". If he doesn't like them for smoking, she can use them at the horse barm.

I understand as my wife is ... traditional on her requirements,too.

Thanks everyone. Had sammies last night.

Ha!! So much like-minded thinking. Friday I removed all the meat from the carcass and separated dark and white meat. Boiled the carcass in turkey broth then added the dark meat back into the broth. Made a fantastic soup. The white meat was set aside for sammies. Last night I had a bowl of the soup and a sammie made on a fresh homemade sour cream potato roll. Man what a great and comforting meal on a cold, rainy, nasty night.

Robert

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky