My try at tri-tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chad e

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 20, 2016
Ilinois
Always a bit nervous trying something new. With the help of y'all, I seem to have knack at this smoking thing.

Seasoned with SPOG + paprika
Smoked to 140° IT with hickory, as I have kids who don't do med-rare. Then seared just for a bit for char.
Plated with collard greens and baked or sweet potatoes for personal preference.

Lessons learned:
1) I can back off on salt a bit. Very good but I reduce sodium every chance I get.
2) every smoke I do, the family enjoys red meat even more.
3) I'm pretty damn good at this
4) couldn't do half of this without the forum posts from all of you.
5) WSM kicks ass
Thanks to all and happy smoking!

Reactions: redheelerdog
Tasty looking TT! If you cook two you can cook to multiple persons preferred doneness the small for the kids the large for me I mean you.:biggrin: My daughter is 5 and only eats a little so I give her a slice or two of the tail end. I recently bought a used kettle and rotisserie for it and it's great for TT.

I broke the handle off the weber.. cheap ass tack welds. Guess I have a project for this weekend! Can't complain though....it was free

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky