My Sunday afternoon entertainment!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We see them all the time here too. I have heard that, that particular type of plane is very hard to fly. I believe it’s called a Steerman.
Al

Very cool. Funny though, our local sprayer has planes that look exactly like that, color and all. Those guys are amazing to watch. Over and under power lines and just aerial acrobats. Enjoy.
Thanks! Yellow must be the most popular color, cuz that's mostly what we see. Actually saw a white one earlier yesterday.

Awesome pictures I really like watching them. A couple years ago got to watch a helicopter spray herbicide next door getting ready to plant pine trees that was a real show. He also had a specially rigged flat bed with tanks of his chemicals that he would land on to refill.
Thank you! Seen that once last year myself! Kinda a surprise to come over a gravel road hill and find a helicopter sitting on a truck in the middle of the road!

Ryan

Nice easy pickin when wanted. lol Nice view from house, just need a cow for the butter, than ready to go

David
That's no lie! And a pair of bib overalls to go with the weight gain also!

Nice photos. A daily sighting from my house. I'm the old guy in the group and I remember when they used bi-wing planes.

Warren
Thanks Warren! Once in a great while we see a bi - wing plane but not often... maybe another old guy going up for the memories!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
We see them all the time here too. I have heard that, that particular type of plane is very hard to fly. I believe it’s called a Steerman.
Al
Guess I should go look it up, never thought to do that! I bet as kids they loved roller coaster rides!

Ryan

Great Pics, Ryan!!
Thanks for posting them!
Every now & then I get to see a Chopper. I have a Power Line behind my house, and they hover over each tower & inspect things from a Chopper.
Brings back Memories of 1969, because if it wasn't for the Choppers in the Mekong Delta, I wouldn't be here today. They ruled the Delta!!!

Bear

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Great Pics, Ryan!!
Thanks for posting them!
Every now & then I get to see a Chopper. I have a Power Line behind my house, and they hover over each tower & inspect things from a Chopper.
Brings back Memories of 1969, because if it wasn't for the Choppers in the Mekong Delta, I wouldn't be here today. They ruled the Delta!!!

Bear
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed them! As you can see in the pics of the high transmission lines... the planes are always flying under them when spraying south of our house. They also check them with a chopper at least once a year.

Ryan

Cool pics! Just hope they don't copy the flyboys in Second Hand Lions.
:emoji_laughing:, thank you! And you made me stop and think on that one... been a long time since I seen that movie!

Ryan

Ok, just saw this one a couple days ago...

20210817_101018.jpg

That's for HalfSmoked HalfSmoked !

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky