My Sunday afternoon entertainment!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
They have been doing alot of aerial spraying around here lately, but when I heard him fly over our house I decided to go take some pics. I love watching these guys!

20210725_161925.jpg

20210725_162232.jpg

20210725_162247.jpg

20210725_162249.jpg

20210725_162254.jpg

20210725_162426.jpg

20210725_162428.jpg
20210725_162410.jpg

Just figured I would share. Missed the best one of all... when he was done with that field he flew directly over me, I tried getting that pic but missed him and got a great pic of blue sky! Lol!

And who said I'm not easily amused!
Ryan

When I was younger I'd work on a farm during the summer. Used to love watching the crop dusters fly! Great pics.

Jim

Seen a plane spraying a few years ago, really talented imo, no much wasted time in the air, kinda reminded me of a air race the way he made short turns and back down the fields he would go

Reactions: JLeonard
They have been doing alot of aerial spraying around here lately, but when I heard him fly over our house I decided to go take some pics. I love watching these guys!

View attachment 505532

View attachment 505533

View attachment 505534

View attachment 505535

View attachment 505536

View attachment 505537

View attachment 505539View attachment 505540

Just figured I would share. Missed the best one of all... when he was done with that field he flew directly over me, I tried getting that pic but missed him and got a great pic of blue sky! Lol!

And who said I'm not easily amused!
Ryan
Are they applying fungicide on corn?

Those flyers are nuts!

not to hijack the thread but this baby has been flying over the house for the past week.....rides ranged from gunnery seat at 400 to up front 900......
81F4407F-663F-49EC-8AB6-A769BFFC9FE0.jpeg

Reactions: Brokenhandle
My BIL and his family are/were crop dusters for 40 yrs and his father retired a few yrs ago. These guys take pre flight prep seriously but have many crazy stories and close calls ! Love to to fly with them but NOT in their duster lol

he looks like hes having a good time up there! Great pics
Thanks! And yes it does! Probably just another day at the office for him though.

That’s cool!
Definitely! I think they have big kahunas! Have to in order to fly that close to the ground!

When I was younger I'd work on a farm during the summer. Used to love watching the crop dusters fly! Great pics.

Jim
Thanks Jim! I still enjoy watching them!

Ryan

Seen a plane spraying a few years ago, really talented imo, no much wasted time in the air, kinda reminded me of a air race the way he made short turns and back down the fields he would go
I agree, not much wasted time! But to them time is money! It's a short season.

Very cool, are those your corn fields
Close for shopping , unless that is cattle corn

David
Thank you! And yes, it's cattle corn lol! Or we call it field corn. But our sweet corn is about 40 yards out our front door!

20210725_193202.jpg

Ryan

Are they applying fungicide on corn?
Yep, they are!

Cool pics. Corn looks dry
Thanks Adam! Yes it's dry! Had 1 1/2 inches of rain here about 2 weeks ago... well it took 3 rains to equal that. But before that if it rained usually never got the sidewalk wet. Out of 3 or 4 rains we never got an inch.

Ryan

Those flyers are nuts!

not to hijack the thread but this baby has been flying over the house for the past week.....rides ranged from gunnery seat at 400 to up front 900......
View attachment 505561
Yes they are! I'd rather fly on that plane than with the crop dusters! Maybe you could get a free ride if you bring copper pot along and make lunch for em!

Ryan

I flew around in a duster with a guy that said we couldn't use the radio 45 years ago, figured he didn't want to die anymore than I did. Helps you come in contact with your sphincter muscle. RAY
:emoji_laughing: I think that explains it very well Ray!

Swear I seen that same plane as I went through nodak today
There's 2 or 3 like it flying around here! And 1 helicopter also!

My BIL and his family are/were crop dusters for 40 yrs and his father retired a few yrs ago. These guys take pre flight prep seriously but have many crazy stories and close calls ! Love to to fly with them but NOT in their duster lol
I can only imagine the stories! It would take a special breed to be able to do it!

Those folks are talented pilots for sure, some of the best IMO! Thanks for sharing Ryan!
That they are Justin! Thank you!

Ryan

Very cool. Funny though, our local sprayer has planes that look exactly like that, color and all. Those guys are amazing to watch. Over and under power lines and just aerial acrobats. Enjoy.

Awesome pictures I really like watching them. A couple years ago got to watch a helicopter spray herbicide next door getting ready to plant pine trees that was a real show. He also had a specially rigged flat bed with tanks of his chemicals that he would land on to refill.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky