My ribs drama continues...with Q/view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
you either got ribs from a very old farrowing pig or those ribs were bad because they were frozen and thawed more than once. it just ruins the texture of the meat and its only good for hamburger after they do that to it.

i was a commercial refrigeration tech for a few years and i saw chain supermarkets in Dallas pull that garbage all the time. a display cooler would go down and they would load everything into the blast freezer and freeze it solid. once it thaws out the second time, the meat loses about a third of its moisture. you can never get it back to the way it was. the stores did it but it was never worth it because people brought the meat back for a refund and then never came back again.

Or the butcher called in sick and they didn't have a sub so they called the local tree trimming company and a guy showed up with his chain saw and since he was more used to using a chain saw than a set of knives he tried to make the best of it.
biggrin.gif

I ain't been doing this a heck of a long time but I think I've been doing it long enough to say that those are some pretty nasty looking loin back ribs. I think you'd have to be a magician to make those things look, much less, taste good.

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky