My Pit Boss 820D Mods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

martin1950

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
Hartford. S/W Michigan
Spent the better part of the morning a while back modifying my Pit Boss 820D, I had already added a Grilla control board. Since I want to get into cold smoking I bought an additional smoker box to add to my pit. But 1st. I had to remove stack and the stainless steel rack and tray from the end and mount the rack and tray to the front of the pit. I have long arms so mounting a fixed shelf was no problem since my cover wasn't going to work anyways. My timing was perfect, no sooner than I finished Fedex was pulling into the drive w/ my new smoker attachment. An hour later I was completed. Wasn't long before I fired this puppy up with a load of cheeses. Now I have endless possibilities for smoking food.
20201021_120914.jpg
cheese 1.jpg
cheese 2.jpg

I've made two loads of cheeses and one run of smoked deviled eggs w/ a "tube" in the main smoker, and so far so good. The only reason I changed out the rain cap is that the color on the cap matches the color of the lid, purely esthetics. I ran the cheeses for 2-1/2hrs and the boiled egg whites for 1hr. Only one little draw back, that glass door smokes up pretty fast.
a4.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky