My new toy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So I've been doing a LOT of reading, man there's a lot of info out there on vertical smokers.  My smoker has a pan that is identical to the water pan to put the charcoal in and a grill grate that only sits about 1/2" off the bottom of the charcoal pan.  The pan itself has no holes at all in it, and after reading numerous articles about it, I'm thinking it needs to have a LOT of holes in it, and the grill grate needs to be more like 2" off the bottom.  Any advise?

ok, sounds like a better idea than hacking it up first thing. 
biggrin.gif

On mine I moved the bottom rack up because it was sitting directly above the heat and had no waterpan below it. I used the original top shelf rack and moved it down to half way. I then created using long screws a shelf to hold the shelf on the top and didn't put the meat hang on the lid.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky