My MINI Build Thread with BUILDIT-VIEW

Discussion in 'Mini-WSM' started by joopster, Mar 24, 2014.

1. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Getting my tapatalk on!

disco likes this.
  2. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great build. I am waiting to start on mine and this has helped.

Disco

3. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That is looking great.

4. c farmer

You doing a build thread?

5. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

We'll see if I ever get my pot. I ordered it through Ebay and I am in my third week of waiting.

Disco

6. bdskelly

bdskelly Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Outstanding  These minis keep getting better and better.  Now lets build a fire and get this thing dirty!

b

jaydog559 likes this.
  7. fwismoker

fwismoker Master of the Pit

I'm so sorry to see someone did that to your mini!    Maybe you can get it sandblasted or it will just sand off ok. [​IMG]            Did you file a police report because i hate graffiti!!!  [​IMG]

8. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I really would like to say that your mini looks great, but that color combo, ugghhhh! Would've been perfect if it were Green and Yellow!

9. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

I tried using a terra cotta pot - not much luck - had trouble getting temp up with holes drilled in pot.

I am seasoning right now and reverted to the steamer tray wrapped with foil - I will post the picture of terra cotta and then my trend on the mini from my iGrill.

10. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

Actually cold and windy out so I don't think I am going to get a good gauge with how it will perform - I just couldn't resist firing it up so I gave her a shot.

Anyone had success with the terra cotta?

11. c farmer

I dont use one but Case and BDSkelly do I think.

12. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

I am holding a better temp without it.  About 1.5 hrs. in and holding around 239.  Playing with dampners.

This dial therm sucks!  It is 75 degrees off of my iGrill.  I guess it's there for looks ;)

13. c farmer

I never tried the terro cotta.  I love the way it cooks without it.   [​IMG]

14. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

let me start with how good the Mini looks... great job.. Thumbs Up

about the terra cotta... What does it sit on ?? does the rim of the TC fit tight against the walls of the pot (looks like it in the picture) ? if so, the only way heat is coming up through is through the drilled holes ?
    or does the TC sit in the bottom on the lip left from cutting the bottom of the pot out...

15. d-train

d-train Fire Starter

I'm new to this whole mini wsm thing. They look cool and I think I have to build myself one. Are there 1 or 2 cooking racks in it? How many average sized boston butts could fit in it? Really cool stuff gentlemen!

16. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Most have two racks and it I possible to fit two 8 pound bone in butts.

17. fwismoker

Personally I'd rather use a bigger smoker like a UDS or two separate mini's to do 2 butts.     I wonder if i could fit two or three on the same rack in my Jumbo mini?  hmmmmmmm.    It is a 18.5" cooking grate and same size as the WSM version. 

18. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting my 6 lbs. cold smoke on! Pepperjack!

Getting my tapatalk on!

19. fwismoker

You can cold smoke in anything even though it works in the mini also....get that thing hot smoking!  LMAO....i can't stand seeing a shiny insides of a mini!   It's gotta get dirty bro

20. fwismoker

BTW i love Deutsch Kase Haus!   Gotta get up there in the Summer for some cheese supply....even though my butcher carries some from there.     Make a trip to Middlebury and get it straight from the horses mouth. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014