My Kettle is calling and I must go

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Alexandria, VA
I think we’re all pretty busy right now, so keeping with the simple dinner theme…. Managers special 50% off choice top sirloin. Looking through the freezer I also had some shrimp and decided to use some Moroccan skewers gifted a while ago. Following civilsmoker civilsmoker recommendations I’ve been happily using a lot of GR recipes lately and this Shrimp were marinated using a GR recipe in EVOO, fresh lime, garlic, and chipotle pepper with adobo sauce. My kettle is calling and I must go….
FA773299-2FCE-4621-8346-4A896CEAED3A.jpeg

4277BFDA-02E7-446C-9DCC-107E17CF6053.jpeg

0B71B602-C187-4E11-A3D0-D6C8B890D2ED.jpeg

414C455D-8269-4FF8-9817-C020231053BC.jpeg
351E3067-7CED-48DA-9E24-5D7743065615.jpeg

Plate shot with dramatic lighting🤣
3FFE3D7D-E24A-430A-903B-B20B63EA8C32.jpeg

Very tasty and simple meal. We loved the shrimp and GR recipes are very simple and fun.

It gave my oldest a lot of energy she had to burn off!
9732168C-B477-4B5A-8F3E-F8B031B4C999.jpeg
03ED5241-2B50-445D-A6F4-96AC5702FDAB.jpeg

Thank you for your time!

Looks great Jed! between constantly being gone every weekend and terrible weather, have not used the kettle in a month. This weekend looks bad as well, possibly OK on Sunday. I might have to fire up the electric as it is under an overhang on the porch.

Reactions: bauchjw
Mighty fine.

Kettle Q just cant be beat.
Thank you! If I was told I could only have one, that would be it!
Looks great Jed! between constantly being gone every weekend and terrible weather, have not used the kettle in a month. This weekend looks bad as well, possibly OK on Sunday. I might have to fire up the electric as it is under an overhang on the porch.
Thank you Cliff! You have been busy! But nothing like starting a fire and having a few strong shots after battling bumper to bumper on I95!
Great looking meal! GR knows his stuff. I fired my kettle up for wings last weekend and they were great. Hard to beat.
Thank you! Kettle wings with the vortex are my favorite, hands down!
Whole meal looks really good! But that shrimp sure is talking to me...need to make shrimp more often, I sure love it. One would almost think you're from Iowa...feed the kids supper then tell them to go play in traffic! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan
Thank you Ryan! I only get the shrimp occasionally when it’s on sale, but we do love it. May be a fun one for you to do on the Blackstone!

Yes, 🤣very Iowa! I find myself saying the same stuff my parents always told me! One difference is my rule is they can stay out as long as other kids are out. I hated it when I had to come in before my friends!

Yes, 🤣very Iowa! I find myself saying the same stuff my parents always told me! One difference is my rule is they can stay out as long as other kids are out. I hated it when I had to come in before my friends!
Watch that last statement, just wait till they are 17 years old and you might not think like that.....ask me how I know!

• Haha
Fine looking plate and a great job Jed !
And a great action pic just need to see one of you on the board 😂
Thank you! 🤣 The only board I get on is a surfboard I can probably dig up a photo of that! No way I’m getting on that skateboard unless I feel the need for more disability pay🤣
Very nice! Surf and turf and skate the turf!

That GR shrimp marinate is next level! We do it ALL the time!
Thank you! 🤣 it is an awesome marinade!!! I’m so glad you got me into his recipes!
Fine looking surf and turf you got there, Jed.
I'd tear it up for sure and then take a nice nap. :emoji_laughing:
🤣very appreciated! It definitely leads well into nap time for those of us a bit older🤣

Great meal Jed! But you had me at the shrimp. Another must try. I remember back in youth we always played in the street.

Watch that last statement, just wait till they are 17 years old and you might not think like that.....ask me how I know!
Oh man…. I’m not looking forward to that!
Great meal Jed! But you had me at the shrimp. Another must try. I remember back in youth we always played in the street.
Thank you Steve! For some reason the street is the most fun place to play!
Looks great Jed ! Nice work bud .
Thank you! Just need that beer post!

Nice looking meal Jed, I could go for some of that right now. We used to play street hockey in my youth and were lucky most neighbors parked their cars in the driveway so we could play.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice looking meal Jed, I could go for some of that right now. We used to play street hockey in my youth and were lucky most neighbors parked their cars in the driveway so we could play.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you Chris! It’s definitely great living in an old school neighborhood. When I come home there is 20 kids running everywhere and parents are good with kids running in and out of houses. We really enjoy it.

Thank you Chris! It’s definitely great living in an old school neighborhood. When I come home there is 20 kids running everywhere and parents are good with kids running in and out of houses. We really enjoy it.
That is hard to find today unless it is a new development. When we bought our house in 97 we had no kids and wanted the older people to move out. Now we are the older people and I bet the new ones want us out. Although with the price of housing here, the younger ones can't plunk down the $750K to well over a mil the houses are going for...I need to sell and move...lol

• Haha
That's some fine, fine looking cuisine right there Jed. Those shrimp are screaming my name though. I bet they were superb and paired really well with the steaks. Well done my friend.

Robert

Thank you! 🤣 it is an awesome marinade!!! I’m so glad you got me into his recipes!
You are welcome! OH you need to try this GR combination..... Creamy scrambled eggs with his bacon jam (the one you were looking at from the HK cookbook). Look up GR's video of his proper scrabbled eggs (Its funny as can be because he totally burns the toast and has to start over). You start with a toasted slice of sour (I toast it with a bit of butter and in a pan), then a layer of the bacon jam (it can be made the day before and just re-heated, then his eggs (magic stuff, w/ creme fraiche and chives), finished with his seared mushroom caps and seared tomato's....OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky