My Homemade Electric

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ghost308

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
Missouri
Hiya Everyone
When I first started this little venture of smoking all I wanted was to make some good deer jerky, not like the stuff being passed around at work that looked like it came from the north end of a south bound dog and tasted just as bad. I ended up makeing my own electric smoker and powering it with a 750watt $8 hot-plate. Max temp , 150,,,,,, turned out the best jerky I've ever had, and was a hit at work , I even had offers to buy any extra I had , yah right !!! So here she is with a little cured salmon smoking in her. I've also made canadian and belly bacon with her that were both wonderful.
Total cost for making this was $8 ,the stainless was free :)
and yes , the door is held closed with 2 bungee cords LMAO
Sorry I took so long to get this out I should have done it when I first joined SMF, you Folks are Awsome what a Great Forum ! ! !
39d75ad4_vbattach12920.jpg

424f1bc1_vbattach12921.jpg

Nicely done! Hmmm, free stainless? Wish I could find some at that price!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky