• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My Homemade Electric

ghost308

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 6, 2007
Hiya Everyone
When I first started this little venture of smoking all I wanted was to make some good deer jerky, not like the stuff being passed around at work that looked like it came from the north end of a south bound dog and tasted just as bad. I ended up makeing my own electric smoker and powering it with a 750watt $8 hot-plate. Max temp , 150,,,,,, turned out the best jerky I've ever had, and was a hit at work , I even had offers to buy any extra I had , yah right !!! So here she is with a little cured salmon smoking in her. I've also made canadian and belly bacon with her that were both wonderful.
Total cost for making this was $8 ,the stainless was free :)
and yes , the door is held closed with 2 bungee cords LMAO
Sorry I took so long to get this out I should have done it when I first joined SMF, you Folks are Awsome what a Great Forum ! ! !
39d75ad4_vbattach12920.jpg

424f1bc1_vbattach12921.jpg

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Nice job and you can't beat that price! Did that include the bungie cords? LOL

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Wow! what a cool cold smoker and that price ... should be a law!

desert smokin

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 1, 2007
An ingenious solution to your jerky problem. I can hardly wait to see what you conjour up next.

deer meat

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 8, 2006
Cool smoker ghost
. What kind of temperature can you maintain with it?

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
Nicely done! Hmmm, free stainless? Wish I could find some at that price!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.