My First time making sausage

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by nicko, Jul 26, 2008.

1. nicko

nicko Fire Starter

2. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Very nice! It ain't easy making sausage... but it's sooo good home made! Gonna try links next? MORE fun, that! LOL!

3. Looks good let us know how it turns out , I am interested in trying to make sausage

4. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks great I'll be waiting for more Qview

5. kratzx4

kratzx4 Smoking Fanatic

fill us in on what kind and details. My LEM meat grinder arrived this week and I have started planning on what to make first. any advice would be helpful

6. nicko

nicko Fire Starter

I have a KitchenAid mixer with the meat grinder and sausage stuffer.

If you can get someone to help you when you stuff it the BETTER.

The butcher told me that if you get a little pocket if water in the casing
    it helps it go in the tube better.

7. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Lookin great. Love the rewards that sausage making gives you. There is a fair amount of work involved but the end result is great.
    Thanks for sharing that link.

8. txbigred

txbigred Meat Mopper

Looks good, post up some pics when it's finished.

Dave

9. meat-man

meat-man Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Looks good brother[​IMG] dont forget the q-view

10. safety1

safety1 Fire Starter SMF Premier Member

Great lookin' sausage. Looks like you had a good go for your first time. Try and tease us with some q-view after your done.

Hey Meat-man, Love the avatar "Bubba Army" I am one myself.[​IMG]

11. meat-man

meat-man Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

" Becase it's all about ME !" btls [​IMG]

12. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Rinse 'em good inside and out and soak 'em with a few drops of vinegar in the water. Let soak a good half hour so they're not tough. I spray a little olive oil spray on my hand and slick up the stuffing tube then slide 'em on. Grind out a bit of meat first before pulling the casing over it and tying off to keep air out of the casing, then stuff away! If you soak out too much casing you can re-salt them and put them back in the fridge, they're good for up to a year. Just don't freeze 'em.

13. okie joe

okie joe Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I have used a hand grinder and then pushed the casings on an antifreeze funnel. (new of course) I found I can push the sausage into the funnel and then ease the casing off the end as the sausage starts to fill it up. Daughter has helped and has a blast.

14. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

polish and country, the two first sausages i made as well. good stuff. looks good let us know how the smoke turnt out!!!