• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My first smoker.... stainless

harryho

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 7, 2009
So the build is basically a double-barrel type design. What you term to as the ash box is the lower barrel on a double-barrel smoker build.

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
WOW again.

This is getting bad, really bad. ur makin us look bad with some of the pics we post. This is not gonna be a smoker, its gonna be displayed as art......Right. Its just to nice to get it all smokey and greasy.

I only hope one day that I can tig half that good. How long have you been welding?

flua

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 11, 2010
More work today whith the smoker. Lucky its near the final ( little tired for the moment
)  Have to manufature one cold smoke generator (smoke daddy  style) have one airpump from a aquarum in my garage. Ned some picture from som smokegenerator (inside, net)..

Mattias

dave54

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 12, 2009

for the bottom (1 st picture) I used a peice of 1/8 inch metal cut it to fit inside the pipe and punched 3/8 holes in it then tacked it

inside the pipe about a 1/2 inch inside it

pipe is 3 inch x 14 I think

and the small exhaust pipe is 3/4 inch

If you still have some scrap stainlees ,can you use it and make the main body

rectangle? It doesn't have to be round  '

flua

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 11, 2010
Ok thanks "Dave 54"  Yes i think there is some pipe over
.  Need to think a little time. Where become the ash fall out, or not ?

Mattias

dave54

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 12, 2009
Ok thanks "Dave 54"  Yes i think there is some pipe over
.  Need to think a little time. Where become the ash fall out, or not ?

Mattias
I made mine out of 3 inch pipe an if I use small chips it will smoke for about 8 hours when full and

i might have to just tap it a couple times after about 3 to 4 hours . if I use the air pump it'll smoke till

it smokes everything in it .there's hardlly any ash left in it

flua

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 11, 2010
Thanks, i think it all clear now.. time for some sleep now. in sweden...

kcbluesnbbq

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 7, 2010
Wow! Awsome! Fantastic!

Words can't describe the work of art you have built.

With that much stainless, you better have some dark glasses so it does not blind you!

Looking forword to the first smoke.

flua

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 11, 2010
Not much left
. Manufacture smoke genarator, mount thermometers and some small things.....

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Unbelievable work Flua!

Better get a good pair of sunglasses too.

Bear

matts

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 13, 2010
The only thing I can see that you could possibly improve on is the wheels.  I think it needs some small stainless wagon wheels.

flua

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 11, 2010
Yes your right, the wheel axle is to frail, need some better solution. so its on the "small things list"....

The only thing I can see that you could possibly improve on is the wheels.  I think it needs some small stainless wagon wheels.

flua

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 11, 2010
Thanks man, yes so far iam fairly satisfied. And thanks to you and the people on this forum. Its help to have the motivation up...
Wow! Awsome! Fantastic!

Words can't describe the work of art you have built.

With that much stainless, you better have some dark glasses so it does not blind you!

Looking forword to the first smoke.

flua

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 11, 2010
Thanks, its more shiny on the photo yet on real, but the polishmachine is standbye... time to hunt some "wild pig" swine.. dont think  i need some sunglasses the autumn its on the way

Unbelievable work Flua!

Better get a good pair of sunglasses too.

Bear

flua

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 11, 2010
Stainless wheel is not easy to find. but wagon wheel ??  oh i forgott i talk with people in us, everything is so f----ng big. but it nice..

flua

Last edited:

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Stainless wheel is not easy to find. but wagon wheel ??  oh i forgott i talk with people in us, everything is so f----ng big. but it nice..

flua
I'm not sure, but I'm betting MattS meant you could make the "stainless Wagon Wheels". We all know you can do it.

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.