My First Smoked Beef Belly (Lotsa Pics And Info)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great Robert. I did some a year or two ago. I’d agree very beefy! You nailed it as usual. I’d sure love some of that over hotel food tonight at the Chicago airport
Thanks so much Jeff. I'd imagine that by now you're out of the airport and had some decent food. I hate airports but sometimes they are a necessary evil. That doesn't mean the food has to be evil though :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
As usual this looks delicious Robert. This might be fatty but fat is flavor so big points on flavor.
Very much appreciate the kind words...as well as all of the guidance.
That is a nice smoke ring, and really,,,, I’m just happy you let me tag along for the ride,,, and thanks so much for the updates on the little tweaking you did. Just glad to be a part of it and happy for some positive results.
It's been a heck of a ride and I'm grateful to have had you along. After all we have discussed, I have a design in mind for another smoker that I might pull the trigger on when the weather cools down a bit. Kind of a hybrid combination of the T-Pit I used to have and this cabinet smoker. Gonna take a lot of steel and a ton of work though so I'm really not sure right now if I'll do it or not.

Robert

Awesome smoke Robert!
I can almost taste it the way you described it!
Really looking forward to seeing the beef bacon!
Keep ‘em coming!!
I very much appreciate it Al. As noted, I tried to be as descriptive as my limited vocabulary would allow so folks could get a good idea what they'd be in for should they decide to smoke one of those. Be careful with the "keep 'em coming" comments though. I have pics of several meals sitting in folders on the desktop that I'd like to post. They are dding up faster than I can put them out there :emoji_laughing:

Robert

It looks delicious Robert! Look forward to your thread on your beef bacon as well!

Ryan

Never had or saw beef belly. As good as that dish looks, I can’t wait to see some beef bacon.

Late to the party Robert, but epic as always! Awesome thread and cook on a whole different level!

Never had or saw beef belly. As good as that dish looks, I can’t wait to see some beef bacon.
The bellies appear to be very difficult for folks to find. Glad I was able to get hands on some. Bacon will be coming to a theater near you very soon :emoji_wink:

Robert

Late to the party Robert, but epic as always! Awesome thread and cook on a whole different level!
Fashionably late again Jed? That's ok. You showed up and that's all that counts. Appreciate the kind words.

Robert

Dude, I have 2.5 lb cowboy steak coming up to temp on the grill right now, and looking at that beef belly makes me want to trade!
Seriously, I've been looking for a belly to make beef bacon for a while in my area, but no dice so far. Again, that is some guuuuud looking fare!

Outstanding!!
That had to be Super Tasty!!
Make sure I'm awake when you post the Beef Bacon!!
Apologies for the oversight and missing this one my friend. As always, I do appreciate the like and the kind words. I'll do my best to assure that you're awake when the bacon gets posted. It is all sliced and ready to vac seal. Just want a couple of recent threads to run their course before posting anything else. Had a few slices with breakfast a bit ago and this stuff is outstanding!!

Robert

Dude, I have 2.5 lb cowboy steak coming up to temp on the grill right now, and looking at that beef belly makes me want to trade!
Seriously, I've been looking for a belly to make beef bacon for a while in my area, but no dice so far. Again, that is some guuuuud looking fare!
I very much appreciate the kind words Mike and look forward to seeing that cowboy steak. I'm starting to get the impression that a whole bunch of folks are looking for the beef bellies and coming up empty. I don't understand this either. It'd stand to reason that with so many people looking for them that the producers would make them available.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky