My First Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

policecom

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
Well, I finally got a brisket going in my Smoke Vault. First smoke. I sure hope I am doing this right. It's been in almost 5 hours and I just checked...it is showing 125 degrees on the meat thermometer. Does that sound right?

I am ok taking my time doing this. Just want to make sure it sounds like a normal smoke
biggrin.gif

Ok, I am waiting for that too. Just seemed to be climbing really slowly. It is looking darn good in there though!

Like balckhawk said, Just keep the temp steady! it's done when it's done, don't try to speed it up. Your doing just fine.

edit: if your lookin' it aint cookin'!

Just keep the smoke thin and blue and not billowing. but yea you keep the smoke going. The smoke ring will stop forming at 140º but the smoke flavor will penetrate the whole time.

Patience is a virtue that is hard to learn but will come with time. Sounds like your on that learning curve that hit me also but hit is soooo worth it!
Hope all is well and post us a little q-view when ya can.
Thanks
icon_razz.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky