My First Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pandemonium

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Florida
I cut it in half and injected each with different flavors, Smoked at 230* for around three hours on the uds with hickory and pulled them off at about 147* and foiled and put in cooler and let rest for at least an hour and let me tell you I cant believe I havent done one of these till now because it is like #2 in my favorites now under ribs, so if you havent smoked a loin DO IT!!!

You can see the injection in the meat

This last one is the Yoshidas And i was so full i didnt try it but it took a few more hours to cook and i over cooked it because it was not juicy like the first one

Last edited:
Nice ,

I have never smoked a plain loin .Have allways stuffed them.

the sliced one looks great!

You say you over cooked the second one/ do you mean temps to high or let it rest to long?

If you can would you give me a few more details on the second one so that i don't make the same mistake.

Nice ,

I have never smoked a plain loin .Have allways stuffed them.

the sliced one looks great!

You say you over cooked the second one/ do you mean temps to high or let it rest to long?

If you can would you give me a few more details on the second one so that i don't make the same mistake.

I wish I knew what really happened because both of my digital probes were so off from my other handheld thermos that it was frustrating!! The second one took two more hours to come to temp and i thought it was the smaller piece of meat, anyway i was checking it with my handheld probe and supposidly i pulled it around 147 but after letting it rest and i sliced of a piece at the end it seemed alot tougher than the first one, ill find out today if thats true. I need to invest in a new digital thermo i think

I wish I knew what really happened because both of my digital probes were so off from my other handheld thermos that it was frustrating!! The second one took two more hours to come to temp and i thought it was the smaller piece of meat, anyway i was checking it with my handheld probe and supposidly i pulled it around 147 but after letting it rest and i sliced of a piece at the end it seemed alot tougher than the first one, ill find out today if thats true. I need to invest in a new digital thermo i think

Gary,

Check this Thermometer out. I bought one and its pretty dang nice. Takes about 6 seconds to read  so its not as fast as the thermo pen but for the money cant be beat. You can also calibrate it.

The pork loin looked great

Gary,

Check this Thermometer out. I bought one and its pretty dang nice. Takes about 6 seconds to read  so its not as fast as the thermo pen but for the money cant be beat. You can also calibrate it.

The pork loin looked great
I have that same one Mudd, that was one of the handheld ones i was referring to, its my two tayler weekend warrior smoker ones that are screwing up, i read on that link that it  recalibrates? does that mean the digital ones can be recalibrated?

Last edited:
Your Yoshidas loin may not have been that far overdone, sometimes they'll slice tougher on the cap area. You'll know when you get further into the loin...if slicing cold, just reheat it slow while covered and it should snap right back to life...I heat slices by touch, and as soon as it's hot enough to make an ouch on the pinky-tip, it's ready for some bread, IMO.

Good looking pair you got there!

Eric

Oh that looks great Pande!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
 Man then loins are a smokers choice. Wait till ya cure one for Canadian Bacon.

I have that same one Mudd, that was one of the handheld ones i was referring to, its my two tayler weekend warrior smoker ones that are screwing up, i read on that link that it  recalibrates? does that mean the digital ones can be recalibrated?
Depends on the thermometer. The one in the link does allow it. You may want to go to the manufactures website and see if your model can be calibrated.

Your Yoshidas loin may not have been that far overdone, sometimes they'll slice tougher on the cap area. You'll know when you get further into the loin...if slicing cold, just reheat it slow while covered and it should snap right back to life...I heat slices by touch, and as soon as it's hot enough to make an ouch on the pinky-tip, it's ready for some bread, IMO.

Good looking pair you got there!

Eric
I think your right because i was sick to my stomach lol No kidding on the first one that i only sliced into the second one because a buddy was over and wanted to try it, man i woke up two hours later hurting because i ate too much, and i still havent touched the second half today lol

Pork loins are what got me into smoking.  A friend smoked up 6 of them for my son's wedding reception.  Within a week, I owned Smoke Vault.  I think loins are my favorite, but ribs and pulled pork are right up there too.  Loins are by far the easiest .  I haven't stuffed one yet and don't know if I will.  They are great just rubbed and smoked.

cool.gif

Man I can't believe you have been here that long and have never smoked a loin. Now if you think that injecting one tasted good maybe you should try stuffing one. You will be in for a whole new world of smoking great flavors. Now go get you another loin and get to smoking.

http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/tt66/mballi3011/pork loin/  

You really need to try one of theses.

I just wanted to mention that the second loin was not dryed out i done good!! Just had me a sammy with melted cheddar cheese and chipolte mayo mmgood
icon_wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky