• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My first Fattie and first try at a Q-view

whiskeypapa

Fire Starter
Joined Apr 5, 2011
This is my first try at a Fattie.  I did it the same time that I smoked some pastami that I made from scratch.  I am going to try a thread under beef for that one.

This is after I did "THE WEAVE" then put on Jeff's Dry Rub.

This is in my smoker with the pastrami

This is the finished product

Sorry no money shots.  I just plain forgot to take some.  Next time I'll have to try and weave the ends.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Excellent job! They look delicious!

whiskeypapa

Fire Starter
Joined Apr 5, 2011
Thank you.  I bought a pound of store sausage and wrapped the goods inside of it.  I didn't know how to close in the ends, but, next time I will try the end weave.  I will also use my own sausage meat instead of buying any.  I want to try Cowgirls plunger, and am in the process of getting the needed supplies.

Everyone that tried it really liked it.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Thank you.  I bought a pound of store sausage and wrapped the goods inside of it.  I didn't know how to close in the ends, but, next time I will try the end weave.  I will also use my own sausage meat instead of buying any.  I want to try Cowgirls plunger, and am in the process of getting the needed supplies.

Everyone that tried it really liked it.
Check Cowgirl's weave too---Awesome!

Bear

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
Hey, BC! Welcome to another PNW smoker!  VERY nice fatties - Love the color you got on those. The pastrami is looking awesome, as well.  There's lots of qview and even youtubes on the weave. I like it on the bias like Cowgirl, pretty and just as easy.  Welcome! Cheers, eh?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.