My first competition this weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We got ninth place out of 20, I'm happy with that. I should have got them off maybe 15 minutes sooner. Plus when I did a practice run I used 4 different runs to decide what to use. Our family loves heat, Killer Hogs Hot run won. Some of the judges were children, maybe too much spice. I'm proud of how we did.
Don't know how I missed this but congrats on a top 10 BG !
And sounds like a good time too !

Keith

Sharp knife for a clean cut and 1/3 stacking will work. Fresh green lettuce under the ribs
will make the color stand out.
This was the first time the organizers did anything like this. The turn in boxes were segmented, like carryout from a restaurant. They were also too small. We arranged kale, then realized the lid wouldn't close without touching the ribs. In the end I think only one team tried any garnish, it wasn't working. We later got an email saying they now realize that was the wrong box and they would do better next year. We also found out some judges were children, ages 10-12. Our spicy hot ribs were probably not what they liked. But we had a riot, everyone there had fun.

Reactions: 912smoker
Show them how it's done!
If there's a People's Choice category, be sure to make plenty extra for that. The last thing you want in a PC is an empty tray.. until the end of
Congrats BG!! Sandpiper Supper Club sounds REAL to me. Got a top 10 to prove it! We all have fun with it.. my girlfriend and I call ourselves Possum Park BBQ, when we entertain friends and family. We had half dozen shirts made up too. I even had to pay a copyright fee just to use the dead possum.
We are big fans of Wisconsin small town supper clubs, so we try to do that at home. Prime rib, baked potatoes, relish tray, and brandy Old Fashioneds, sweet. In fact, the Sandpiper was open last night!
PXL_20221022_230052684.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky