• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My First Brisket

saugeyejoe

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 24, 2010
I finally got around to doing a brisket.  5 pounder from Wally World.  Cooked in the MES at 225, wrapped in foil at 160.... then to 200.  Used a mix of apple and hickory.  A "few" cheap beers got me through the 12 hour smoke.

Salt, Onion powder, pepper, garlic powder and a touch of cayenne pepper.  Injected with a little Italian dressing.

Out at 200.

Looking good......

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 17, 2010
Looks good! I got my first ever brisky in right now!  Ran out of cheap beverages so sent wife back to town to refresh the supply. It's been in since about noon and right now I'm only at 156 internal...long night ahead of me..good night for a movie !

What temp did you cook at?

saugeyejoe

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 24, 2010
I set the MES at 225 and never looked back..........Took around 12 hours for a ~5 pounder.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks real good! Great job on your first try!

distre

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 9, 2010
Great looking first brisket. Nice job. How much Italian dressing did you inject?

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
heck ya man, that looks great.

and there is noting wrong with cheep beer, thats one of the few that does not make my head hurt after the second one.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Great from here!!!

Nice plate with the shrooms smothering the meat!

Good Job !!!!

Bear

roller

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 10, 2010
It looks really good and cheap beer makes the world go around !!!!!!!!!!!!!    I love cheap beer I can drink more of it....

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.