• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My first attempt

ramdunning

Joined Mar 22, 2021
I just purchased the 5x8 AMNPS and used it last night to cold smoke several cheeses with apple pellets. The smoke was white/blue and lasted 3 hours. The AMNPS worked beautifully, as far as I can tell. The cheeses smell wonderful. The odd thing is though they didn't change color, as I've seen in all online videos. My temp stayed around 63 degrees F in the Weber Kettle. There was a constant stream of smoke out the vent. I sealed the Kettle lid with FireBlack tape. Will the smoke hold and flavor the cheese? I've wrapped them in butcher paper and put them in the refrigerator. Thank you for your help with this newbie.

The photos are before. I thought I'd add an after photo tomorrow before I vacuum seal them. (Yes, I should have shown my Kettle setup.)

Attachments

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Should be fine. I smoked some Gouda last night with the tube using apple. 4 hours is about right for us.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Yep, 4 hours here using apple pellets as well! It will be good! Sometimes my cheese doesn't take on much color either, but still tastes amazing!

Ryan

BucketBack

Joined Apr 23, 2021
I like to age my smoked cheese for a few weeks. I think it tastes better.

In the past I’ve had people basically call me an idiot for aging it. I was just curious what you guys think ? I can for sure tell the difference.

You guys have the best set ups I’ve ever seen. I can tell I’ll learn a lot here.

Domie

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 26, 2021
I have found that letting the entire load "breathe" in the smoker, after the smoking period is over, for another 12 hrs... has amazing results. Doesn't get dry and continues to absorb the smoker atmosphere.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.