My Dad’s Cooker (Gift)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Johnny Ray

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Western, KY
My Dad gave me this cooker for my birthday back in 1998 I believe. It’s a propane cooker that I added the firebox to after he gave it to me. It has cooked hundreds of pound of meat.
it had started showing its age so I decided to refurbish it to its original condition. I think it turned out great (So good I hate to use it).
This maybe the best gift I have ever received. I can’t look at it without smiling and thinking of my Pop.

Take care,
Johnny Ray

A4D9697E-EED8-441A-9861-CAEE60D2E883.jpeg

Nice looking rig! I can see why you're so proud of it, especially as a gift from your dad

Ryan

Reactions: chopsaw
Memories improve the flavor of the food... Should be some awesome cuts of meat come out of that beautiful cooker...

Nice Job, JR !!
Looks like Brand New, from the Den!!
Pop's looking down & Smiling too. RIP Pop.
Like.

Bear

It is a beauty! Who made it?
It was made by a company in eastern NC called Carolina Cookers. It has two burners running front to back. It’s designed for whole hog cooking. A burner under the shoulders and a burner under the hams.

Thanks,
JR

Reactions: Alphonse
Nice looking rig! I can see why you're so proud of it, especially as a gift from your dad

Ryan
Thank you. He called and told me to come get it. I drove to eastern NC and pulled it home. It has no leaf springs under it just a solid axel. 740 miles pulling a bouncing cooker. Bout shook my teeth loose. :emoji_astonished:
JR

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Nice !!! Something to be very proud of

Gary

Awesome gift from your dad and the memories that come with it is ten fold. Nice unit never seen anything like it but it is a great looking build.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky