My cedar smokehouse build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Firebox walls are done. Refractory panels will go in next. I was finally able to start building the actual smoke house. The first pieces of cedar have been installed. I got a great deal on some reclaimed cedar 2x4's [emoji]128515[/emoji]

Greetings. I actually live in Haslet but nobody would know where that is so I put Fort Worth. It's close enough.

Congratulations on your progress so far.  The masons I used to work with, (I was on the carpentry crew), used to add anti freeze to their mortar mix.  I've seen this done when the temps would drop below freezing before the mortar would dry completely.  Might be worth looking into.  On the other hand;  I don't think that I would want to be out there handling cold block and brick in those temps if I didn't have to be. 

I was able to get back to the build today. Framed the smoke house. Installed the refractory panels on the back and sides and front of the firebox [emoji]128513[/emoji]
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/con
tent/type/61/id/368956/width/200/height/400

Got a lot done this weekend. The entire frame is done out of reclaimed cedar from a torn down fence. I got a great deal on it [emoji]128513[/emoji]

WOW that is looking very nice!! I like the kind of Chalet look to it. Will make a nice place between the fire box and smoker to keep your wood out of the weather. Great Idea!
Keep the pictures coming!
Keep Smokin!!!
Wolf

Coming right along and looking good. 
icon14.gif

GREAT looking project Pilotom!!

Have you been meat shopping?  (Or hunting)?

What are the dimensions of the inside of your smoke chamber?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky