My Best Ribs Ever: Grilled On The Santa Maria (W/Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well it all just doesn't roll over in a day! What I said was, "I love it Robert, nice work!".

Ok, the cocktail aside, you really have me baffled now. You're trying to teach me two different versions of Spanish: theirs and yours. I think I like yours bettero thougho. Seems far easier to grasp.

Trying to figure out the learning curveo,
Roberto

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks great,I love ribs grilled but you are at the mercy of the rib Gods on tenderness imo.

Well, I was kinda thinking the same thing. When it didn't get quite tender enough for Tracy, I just ran the grate back up after getting the sear I wanted and let them go a bit longer. They weren't quite FOTB but pretty close. Exactly as I liked them :emoji_wink:

Robert

Aye-Aye-Aye!!!
That's PA Dutch for "Dang that looks Good!!"

I remember that!! It's Popeye and Olive Oyle, right? Didn't know they were from PA though :emoji_laughing:

I'll take a Plate Just like Yours!

Thanks Bear, but I'd have to make at least two: one for you and one for Mrs. Bear. Never met her but something tells me she's more than worthy of a nice plate of ribs and I'd be proud to serve her a plate.

Robert

Looks great as always Robert. The char from that sear at the end looks really nice. I've got to get a Santa Maria type set up going here. Cooking over a wood fire just looks insanely flavorful.
Very nice - great post.

Thanks so much!! The SM gained a lot of popularity here not long ago and I certainly got caught up in it. Once caught though, there's no turning back. Lots of different ways these days to get one going and not break the bank....but you can certainly spend a bit if $$ if you're inclined to :emoji_astonished: I wouldn't trade mine for anything.

Robert

Reactions: texomakid
My apologies Jim. I don't mean to be doing that to you, but I'm probably doing it to myself also...one artery at a time :emoji_laughing: If it gets too bad you can always hover your mouse over my avatar and click "Ignore" when the drop down box appears :emoji_wink:

Robert
could never ignore ya Robert, your stuff looks to good

Great cook. Pork is so good over mesquite coals. Very pronounced flavor that can’t be matched. I cook over mesquite lump coal often, it’s not just for beef. Try a spatchcock chicken that way some time. Nice job.

Man that looks gooooood! I love your santa Maria set up . if I ever am able to build the patio I want id love to make my own set up like that.

Ok, the cocktail aside, you really have me baffled now. You're trying to teach me two different versions of Spanish: theirs and yours. I think I like yours bettero thougho. Seems far easier to grasp. Trying to figure out the learning curveo,
Roberto

Oy -yay vato, chew got-it now, carnod! In all seriousness Robert, yo hablo poquito y compredeno menos. About all really I know how to get across is telling a laborer what I need or to get off his butt, or what kind of cervesa I'd like with my enchiladas pollo con guacamole. "Pollo" means chicken, but then so does the word "Gallina". I knew how to talk this stuff better right after high school, and that was quite some time ago. RAY

Man, as numerous others have stated, that looks amazing! Great work!

PS I am definitely stealing that Wasabi add to the cole slaw dressing, I bet that is a great unsuspecting bite!

Great looking ribs Robert! How much simpler can it get, cooking over fire?

With all the SM hype, I would love to get one but in reality, I wouldn’t be able to use it year round, then when it’s nice out, I’d have to pray for no rain.

Maybe if I bought a weber kettle, I’d buy the SM attachment or have my brother weld one up since he’s going through welding school.

Really nice! It's funny but before I got into the smoke thing , that's the only way I cooked ribs. I'm not sure why I think I have to smoke them always now but you just given me a great idea.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky