My Basement Pork Loin

Discussion in 'Pork' started by cycletrash, Jan 18, 2011.

1. cycletrash

cycletrash Meat Mopper

I was at it again ...smoking in my Basement. Every one came over to watch the game this weekend and I was smoking loin in my cellar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cycletrash

cycletrash Meat Mopper

I smoked til 145 then wrapped it and shot it up with apple juice and cooked it til 155 then pulled it and let it rest

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Good job.  Looks nice and juicy.  It's gotta be cool to be able to smoke without going outside. I think I would do a whole lot more overnight smokes if i could just go check on the meat in my bare feet and underwear...lol.

4. papagreer

papagreer Meat Mopper

I hear you there! That would be great....I think the old lady would kill me though cause I would just smoke everything 

5. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks good, does the foil make it more juicy?

6. cycletrash

cycletrash Meat Mopper

Yes it does help make it more juicy, and I am with you guys , I am running down there in sweats and shoeless . It is winter here in Ohio....So I love this indoor smoking !!

7. Okay... so i saw you said basement smoke and went to check out your old posts... low and behold... YOU ARE MY HERO & INSANE lol!!!!! seriously though nice set up and great job on the loin!

8. cycletrash

cycletrash Meat Mopper

LMAO ... Thanx Steve...I am going to relax and have a beer..A Rolling Rock !!

9. xjcamaro

xjcamaro Meat Mopper

Doesnt your house fill up with smoke?

i usually smoke in my detached garage so im out of the elements, makes the garage smell good for quite a while afterwards. I could only imagine how good your house smells like after!

10. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Those are some good looking loins, but I have the same question as xj. How do you keep the house from filling up with smoke?

11. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Those sure look good, you can send one my way...

12. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    good lookin loins..............

13. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Sure looks good from here... that's a juicy hunka pork! [​IMG]

14. cycletrash

cycletrash Meat Mopper

15. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Yes sir those are some might fine looking loins you have there. All this in a basement too.

16. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Took me 10 days to run into this Awesome Smoke!!!

That looks Outstanding---Had to be Perfect!

Thanks for the views,

Bear