My April Throwdown Trifecta Finish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
I brought up the rear of the Trifecta, but I must say that 1st and 2nd were indeed winners.

Thanks to the 8 people who voted for my entry. I originally had 9 but someone bailed on me. . .LOL!

Even though I came in 3rd the picture really did not do this appetizer justice. Therefore, I would like to include this wonderful recipe for the rest of you to enjoy.

And oh yes. . .Congratulations to DRKsmoking DRKsmoking and civilsmoker civilsmoker for their beautiful presentations.

And a big thank you to Brian bmudd14474 bmudd14474 for sponsoring the Throwdown!

Tomato Pine Nut Appetizer
  • Ingredients:
  • Tomatoes cut into slices
  • Lightly smoked Mozzarella cut into slices
  • Crumbled Feta Cheese
  • Lightly smoked and roasted Pine Nuts
  • Fresh basil
  • Scallions
For the Dressing:
A 50/50 Mixture of Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil. Add a "glob" of French Mustard (more or less to suit your taste) and whisk together.

Place sliced tomatoes and mozzarella slices onto a platter. Alternate the slices or just place the mozzarella on top of each slice of tomato.

Sprinkle the pine nuts, chopped basil, chopped scallions, and crumbled feta over the tomatoes and mozzarella.

Drizzle the dressing (reserve some dressing for those who prefer more) over the entire platter and garnish with a sprig of basil.

Enjoy,
John
IMG_1340.jpeg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky