• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My 1/1/11 Cook...

ellymae

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 21, 2009
Was up early fireing up the Egg. Rubbed down a 9 pound shoulder with some Simply Marvelous Cherry (my new favorite). Cooking over Royal Oak and Cherry. There are 2 racks of spares and chicken wings waiting to meet the smoke.
First dawn of 1/1/11

First cook of 1/1/11

0331grunt

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 5, 2010
Love the pre dawn hours!  Even better with a little smoke going, too!!  Looks great!

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
great picture, sounds like a nice smoking day

ellymae

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 21, 2009
Thanks Guys! Here's an update...

So here are the pics of my lazy set up - it's a pork hug...

No one seems worse for the wear... I was concerned it may have an effect on the bark, but it doesn't seem to have.

Ribs are done - shoulder is at 175*...

/ message sig

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
 Congrats to you, now that is some excellent looking Q. Makes me wish I had smoked something for today. It's all good my friend.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
I love the pic of the sunrise. It would be great to awaken to the smell of TBS! I wish you were my neighbor 

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Oh My oh My that looks tasty. Thanks for the Q-view Elly!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.