Music, and bands you love

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aboynamedsue

Original poster
Dec 12, 2013
Connoquenessing, PA
Want to enlighten everyone to what you are listening to?  Maybe a local you love?  What do you listen to while you are baby sitting the smoker?

I tend to go with the Dirty Old One Man Band from east Texas, Scott H. Biram while I have pig or cow on the smoke....

My choice is Blue Rodeo.  Nothing better!!!!!  Lucked out 5 years ago and saw them live.  At the time Linda was working for Enmax (electric) in Calgary and the Pres of the company went to school with Jim Cuddy.  So Blue Rodeo showed up for Enmax's Christmas party.  Got to lean on the stage and enjoy the music. Happy happy

Gary

JJ Grey and Mofro, Vintage Trouble, Ray Charles, Tab Benoit, Alabama Shakes, Soul of John Black, The Allman Bros and Celia Cruz are all jumbled up on a Flash Drive in my Suburban right now for my daily drives (I'm in the truck between 3-6 hours a day depending on work load)

For babysitting the smoker hard to beat some John Prine and a good bottle of Bourbon.

Last edited:
As for those that are not familiar....This is who Woodz and I are talking about:

absolutely amazing live. We spent 6 months in Appalachicola 2 yrs ago and caught him a couple times at song writer festivals in the area and once in Jacksonville. 

"All we need is one more damn developer tearing her heart out.
All we need is one more Mickey Mouse, another golf course,
another country club, another gated community."

Last edited:

As for those that are not familiar....This is who Woodz and I are talking about:

absolutely amazing live. We spent 6 months in Appalachicola 2 yrs ago and caught him a couple times at song writer festivals in the area and once in Jacksonville. 

"All we need is one more damn developer tearing her heart out.
All we need is one more Mickey Mouse, another golf course,
another country club, another gated community."

Oh yeah, that's the jam! Boys are from right up the road in Jax.. I really enjoy their music and style.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky