Multiple Temp Probes . . . couldn't find answers in other threads

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stjoeguy1122

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
St Joseph, Missouri
I have been trying to find info on temp probes.

I currently have a Maverick ET-732 it operates on 433.92MhZ and it looks like all of the Maverick probes operate on same Freq.

if I wanted to probe 4 or 6 meats while smoking what can I do? I really don't want to have to open up the smoker all the time to take a temp.

thanks

this weekend I smoked up couple more pork butts and couple of chuckies . .  I tried using my 2 ET-7s but I ran into a bit of a problem . .

I used one set on my pork butts and the other set on my chuckies . .

during the cooking process I noticed that probe 1 was jumping around, 10 degrees . . when I looked at the other unit it was doing the same thing.. I turned off one of the base transmitting units and the temps stopped jumping around . . when I turned it back on it started up again . .

I was getting readings from both probe 1's and both probe 2's on each receiver . . 

I jumped on the the Maverick website and couldn't find any useful info on how to use mulitble units without getting interference . .

since I couldn't determan which temp reading was for which piece of meat I went back to using hard thermoters on the chuckies and left the ET-7 pluged into butts.

anyone have any help on how to use multible ET-7 and keep them seperate

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky